On November 24, around 100 world-renowned researchers and students from the University of Glasgow’s College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences (MVLS) will have 10 activity stands at IKEA for the “at home with Life Sciences” event.
Stands will include:
- ‘Back to Your Future’ & ‘Super tasters‘, where people can learn how the genes we inherit from our parents can affect our personality, health and even our tastes;
- Glasgow House Sparrow Project: how citizen scientists to help preserve the species.
- The science of synthetic bone grafts;
- make your own immune cells; and an IKEA living room transformed into a ‘Cell Room,’ where visitors are invited to learn about the various components of a cell and the human body by using Virtual Reality Headsets;
- A whodunit using forensic science;
- Building blocks to a healthy life;
- and ‘micro monsters in your mouth’, an activity on oral health.
More information at: https://www.gla.ac.uk/news/headline_620953_en.html